A82: Why not???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Why not???

Bad news: a lot of people who got excited about asm are now ditching the idea
because no games are coming out and programming them is too time consuming

Good News:None   (just kidding).  What is Sooo wrong with developing some
joint-effort library function like they've done on the ti92.  This "I am
going to take all the credit for my game and never release source..." is a
horrible idea, and the more united we brcome as a group, the more we can
overcome the initial stepping stones that we are on now are start exploring
the more challenging aspects.

My opinion, from asm programming on macs is that plain asm goes absolutely
nowhere without good routines.  We will never get anywhere just making games
here and there, if they are in no way organized.  We shoult try to become a
lot more organized, which is a task I think one of the shell developers
should undertake.  This approach will ultimately more complex and useful
programs.