Re: A82: Port 1, the keyboard port.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:10 AM 9/20/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Tell me if this routine for checking the keyboard port is correct.
<snip>
I recommend using Multi_Key instead of your method of detecting multiple
keypresses.  Multi_Key is a routine that masks out ALL but the key you
request.  Its syntax is so easy, its not likely to ever forget what key you
want.  It will even detect the [ON] key.  Since we humans are likely to
make fatal mistakes when programming, I made this routine to avoid that
problem.  It is flawless (minus the ghost key cominations which is a
hardware problem and not my fault) which makes it the BEST multiple key
detection routine available.  This is the first and last routine you will
most likely ever use.

> How much faster is writing 16 bits directly to the display port rather than
>using

You can only write 8 bits to the display port at a time...not 16.  It is
about 10 times faster to write entire bytes and I don't recommend using
Point_On and Point_Off for any decent game.

> Dines's point_on and point_off
>PLEASE tell me of any mistakes that I might have made in the code.
>Thanx
>Gerad
>                  Dark Light Enterprises
>               Hurting programmers around the world