Re: A82: Game Wizard v2.0 released

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Game Wizard v2.0 released

>>So you need a debugger to do everything in a game.  Why?  Anything in a game
>>should be attainable without having to resort to an external program.  This
>>is like having to use DEBUG to get to the secret level on Wolfenstein.
>
>Oh, you poor unfortunate soul who doesn't read his e-mail,
Yes, I do read my mail, but unless a game has a method of cheating built in,
you usually need a patch to get around it.

>Game Wizard is a
>CHEATING program which overlays most games and programs.
I picked this up right off

>It has the
>feature of editing memory, but it is not even close to DEBUG.
Why don't you try to write something like DEBUG, more ASM progs would come
out if people could try them anywhere.  That would be the only reason I
would get this.

> The edit
>memory feature is based off of Game Wizard for DOS.  Apparently you people
>have no clue what Game Wizard v2.0 is like.
Sorry, I've never had problems on computer games, so I always saw it as
poitless to get a cheating program for them.

>Its main feature is to find
>basically ANYTHING in memory...lives, level #, health, time, etc. and
>allows you to create an alias to those different things, edit them, FREEZE
>them, and return to the game in progress.  It is an amazing utility that,
Is acting just like a game genie for the NES, those games I *do* have
problems on.  I had serveral games I was stuck on and found a cheap one.  If
you read about the game genie you'll find part of the code is an address,
and part is a value to assign to it.

>if you haven't already done so, should download and try out.  Don't judge a
>program before you try it.
You're right about the don't judge a book by its cover, but if all this does
is let you cheat, I don't need it.

>Shining Light Productions only allows THE BEST
>demos, games, and utilities out to the internet community.  I would not be
>releasing this unless it were.

  3D Wire Frame
I can see this as being a great program, I'll download it when I can

  Multi-Tasker v1.0
This is a great crowning achievement, if this could be done in ASM to save
all important info and (build a program that is larger than it needs to be,
use the extra defined space to store variables) restore it at will, maybe
monitor a key_hit interupt (does the 82 have one?) and have it check for a
certain key.  Maybe wait a second if X,T,\@\ is hit and call the swapper if
another certain key is hit before the time is up.  Otherwise pass X,T,\@\ to
whatever had been running.

  Breakout
Hasn't this been rehashed enough
  Breakout II (Text)
 See my point, again!

  Decsent v1.0
This sounds good

  Laser Fighter
Players Choice: 1 Million clones!

  Nibbles
Another game cloned out of uniqueness

  Nuclear War
hmmmm, I'll have to look at this

  Scorched Earth
If this has different weapons like the real Scorched Earth, it's great, if
it's like Gorilla.bas for DOS 5, junk, rehashed to oblivion

  Spikes
2 or 3 clones on the Atari, probably good when 82 programming was new, (when
all it took to impress someone was Pac Man)  I took down my page after all
my 82 progs (stored as printouts) were ditched by my order-obsessed parents.
What littel I had left was outdated by ASM, once I have time to use it I'll
put the page back.  The only prog I considered usefull could be better
implmented in ASM and the two games I took special pride it bit the dust
before I could ever type them in.  My Pac-Man clone, TronCycle clone,
Gorilla clone (turrets, not apes) didn't seem worth putting on the net.

  StarTrek T.N.G.
  v1.0
Sounds good, I hope it's better than the usual PC game, I'll find out soon

  TIC-TAC-TOE
AAAHHHHH, won't this ever die?   HELP!!!!!  (I've never understood
Tic-Tac-Toe on a computer or a calc when all you need is two people and a
patch of dirt.  That way you don't waste batteries)

Some of your progs don't really need to be there, but others you've done a
great job on.  Try concentrating on ASM utils and *new* ASM games.  The
reason NES became popular is that people were getting tired of Atari games.
Even on the 82, things like pole posistion are dying out in favor of more
complex games like FFX1-4.  Congrads on the good stuff, I'll check out the
multi-tasker soon to see how it works.  But please fix the Z80 page,
Geocities "File not found" Same for Coming soon and FAQs (hoping for one on ASM)

Robert Glass  rglass@lab.Lander.edu  dash_squirrel@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/3542  http://iceweasel.home.ml.org

The SPC quote of the week:
Guido after Speedy hits him in the face with a tree:
As if the wanton destruction if the Brazilion Rain Forest weren't enough for
you you're the most environmentally irresponsible person I've ever met!