A82: Newbie: How do you get a proggie to quit.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Newbie: How do you get a proggie to quit.

Hi there, a newbie here, learning ASM for tetris, with a couple
questions... first for a simple proggie to move around some text when you
press one key, and exit out when you press another (MODE I think), why
doesn't this code work?

#include "TI82.H"

.org START_ADDR
.DB "Hello World v0.0003",0

        ROM_CALL(CLEARLCD)
        GRAPH_START    ; BTW what does this do???
        ld B,$0F
        ld C,$0F
        jr keydloop

keydloop:
        ROM_CALL(KEY_HAND)  ; Any faster procedures?
        cp $03
        JP Z,makeblockgoover
        cp $37
        jp Z,doending
        JR keydloop

makeblockgoover:
        inc b
        inc c
        ld ($8215),BC
        ld HL,greets
        ROM_CALL(D_ZM_STR)
        jp keydloop

doending:
        ret

greets: .db "Hi there",0

.end

I think somethings wrond with my jp's and ret's. Any help is greatly
appreciated. Also, anyone know why there isn't a ticalc newsgroup? Or is
there one and my news server doesn't carry it. Anyway, thanx for any help
you can give me...

-- Badman
http://badman.home.ml.org
Home of: Badman's Funhouse and CRC Software
badman@velocity.net