Re: A82: universal calc issues

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: universal calc issues

Actually, an 82<->83 converter would be little more than a header, like thruska's ash2oshl thing. Once all the rom is documented in the 82 to the extent it is in the
83, it is simple. The 83 is an 82 with different ROM and a cool case. I'd be willing to bet the insides are nearly identical. TI hasn't documented the display
controller on the 83, or much of the other port stuff, though.

An 85<->86 converter could be harder. I don't have an 86, but the RAM page switching (Does that need to be done in an 86asm prog?) could be a pain.

The screen size is the killer. There is no way at all to get over that short of having two versions of each program, like above.