Re: A82: Same Game Suggestions (a.k.a. SGS)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Same Game Suggestions (a.k.a. SGS)

You can use the ti program editor to make an assembly program,. I think.
However, it is not feasible for this reason: if you make 1 mistake, your calc
will crash, and you will need a new backup of ash. Have fun doing this
without a graphlink.

But, if you want to, here is how it should work:

1) Find out what special id bytes need to be in an ash program.
2) Find out the TI tokenizing system. Yopu will need a conversion table. For
example, 00110011 may be displayed as ZStandard inside the program editor.
3) Get a list of the binary form of each instruction.
4) Type in your program, adding the ash header, and then each instruction as
it should be (Convert the mnemonic to the binary to the tokenized form).

An assembly compiler basically substitutes the binary form of the instruction
for the mnemonic, and deals with labels, macros, includes, addresses etc.
82prog adds the ash header info, and makes it into a .82p file.

Sure, you could write a compiler for ash, but it would be a poor idea (see
above)

Bennie R Copeland wrote:

> ok thanx =) that will help when I learn to program =) oh is it feasible
> to make a program to where you can write the assembly code right there on
> the calc? that is if you had enough mem for it

Follow-Ups: References: