A82: Crashes!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Crashes!!!!!

I, being one of the few people with a link at my school decided to release
ASH onto the general public today. Needless to say by the end of the first
period, 3 people had crashed their calcs and by the end of the second,
everybody who I gave a copy had crashed their calcs at least once. We need a
shell, like zshell, that is virtually uncrashable. Some of these people
crashed their calcs just running the programs without running ash, others did
it while doing their physics or math analysis. One friend divided 8/7 and her
calc turned off. That is kind of weird. Anyway, we need a shell that is user
friendly, I mean a shell that is idiot proof. Either the programs should run
without using the shell, or that it should be impossible to access them
outside the shell. When the shell is exited, all the buffers should be
cleared and it should be hard as hell to fuck the calc up with a faulty
program. I did release some questionable games, like space invaders (I am not
sure if it is the right version), tetris (which hasn't been thorougly beta
tested), Same Game (which still in its delevomental stages, although is
probably very safe), and the pong game I wrote (which is reasonably simple,
yet there is countless oppurtunity to crash your calc in asm). The breakout
type game that I released also hasn't been thoroughly tested with the 82.
Games that I call safe are like tunnels, which has been thoroughly tested by
the user community and is relatively simple. Monday I will release only the
safest games that I know of and we will see what happens.
BTW. once I defined variables in the text_mem and didn't store a number into
them, since the text_mem is set to zeros before ash runs a program, why did
this program crash my calc. When I stored 1's into the same vars the prog
worked fine.