Re: A82: NASRWARP 82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: NASRWARP 82

At 10:08 PM 9/30/97 -0500, you wrote:

>        Hallo, for my new game, I needed some really big sprites...and
>Putsprite, altho fast and great, can only handle 8*X Sprites. With
>Hruska's new routine, I didn't use it cause it looked somewhat
>complicated to use, and I couldn't tell if it worked for OS-92 or Ash
>(didn't feel like reading it). So i converted NASRWARP...for OS-82, and
>the source is included. Someone is welcome to look at the source, and
>use it--it's not even mine, all i did was convert it. Pretty simple to
>port, too. Gots to go now, any questions/comments/flames just mail
>back..hehe..
>                        ~Kurai Highsmith

My routine is (admittedly) a little complicated to use at first.  However,
if you don't intend to use the clipping capabilities, two lines of code
will disable that part for the remainder of the game.  SpriteDraw was
intended to work with the ASH <-> OShell-82 Development Kit v1.0.  This
means that it will work when using either shell.  ALL of my programs are
compatible with both shells and will compile for both without requiring any
editing (even under ASH v3.0).

SpriteDraw was designed mainly for my use, but I encourage those who intend
to do scrolling games to use it since it currently is the only routine for
the 82 that does clipping.
To turn off clipping, just use the following lines of code:

  ld a,%00010010
  ld (SPRITE_CODE),a

>From here, hl points to the sprite, b and c are the x and y coords
respectively.  CALL_(SpriteDraw) will put the sprite into the GRAPH_MEM.
CALL_(_GRBUFCPY_V) to display the buffered screen.

See?  Its not that hard if you don't intend to use most of what my routine
was intended for (even though it still is faster than NASRWARP).  It uses
the basic syntax most of us are familiar with.  The only new thing is
(SPRITE_CODE) which controls the clipping aspect of each sprite.

Hope that helps,
                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org