Re: A82: VAT / starting programs from prgm menu

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 19:20 1997-11-20 +4, you wrote:
>I little while ago, I asked about looking up a picture variable in
>the VAT. Now I have read the 82-RAM/VAR/... text files and I
>understand everything, but how can you know if you reached the end of
>the VAT ? I could check this myself by writing a little program but I
>haven't got the time at te moment.

There is a RAM location containing the end-of-VAT offset. From 82-RAM.TXT:

  Word 8D18 Pointer to last VAT entry (does not include ANS)
       FE6E Start of VAT

>Another thing, I often read about creating ASM programs that will
>also start directly from the PRGM menu without starting Ash first.
>My question : what do you have to add to the program file to do this?

>From the ASH docs:
"If you wish to make it possible to start your program like basic ones, use PRGM instead of PRGM82"

Regards,
                     -/- David Eriksson -/-

2 G o o D   P r o d u c t i o n s  ->  http://www.2goodsoft.com/