Re: A82: Pointers and shells

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Pointers and shells

To run Zshell, Ash, or Fargo, a bug/flaw is taken advantage of to trick the
calculator into running assembly code from a predeterminied location in memory.

prgmABC is not a pointer to ABS, but exactly what you see there. When the calc
sees "prgm", it thinks, "What comes next is the name of the program to
interpret". It then loads that program, "ABC" into some code that will
translate BAsic into assembly. Basically, it would not work unless TI made
major errors when programming.