Re: A82: Re: Info wanted (Dines) <AND> assembly programmers? where?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Info wanted (Dines) <AND> assembly programmers? where?

> Overall I still agree that the 82 can compete with the 83, we just need more
> games.

  you know...i like playing games as much as anyone else, and i agree that games
are also the most fun to program, but what i'd like to see for the 82 are
programs that will emmunate functions that are standard on other calcs like the
83, 86, and 92.  for example, instead of spending efforts designing an rad game
that everyone will love, but then forget about after a few months of playing,
why not develop a program that will calculate derivatives or indefinate
integrals like the TI-92? <<yes, i know that the 82 will do derivatives and
integration, but it will only give a decimal answer, not show the actual
equations that result from the operation>>  with the power of asm programming
the 82 can be used to emulate any of the functions that the higher calcs can
do.  this is what i feel we need to concentrate on as programmers.  IN NO WAY AM
I SAYING THAT WE NEED TO STOP MAKING GAMES!  we will always need games, but we
also need to expand the capabilities of the calc too.  just a thought.

i'm just starting in assembly programming, i'm reading Programming the Z80,
reading the ZShell lessons, and also keeping up with the Ash school, so i should
be ready to try my hand at a few programs here in the next few weeks, but don't
expect anything too special.

--leighton

Leighton Shank
shanklt@jmu.edu