A82: ASH <-> OShell (Info.)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: ASH <-> OShell (Info.)

Here is the last report to the mailing lists on the ASH <-> OShell-82
Development Kit:

Jul 27, 1997:  I have received several complaints from the two mailing
lists I duplicate these reports to.  As a result, they will only appear on
the asm82 home page at <http://asm82.home.ml.org/>.  Now to the more
important stuff at hand.  I realized today that my previous way of testing
my sprite routine's speed was incorrect.  This means that I have already
broken the 800 sprites/sec barrier on a non-clipped 8x8 image!!!  Here is
the updated table for NO CLIPPING:

NO CLIPPING:                                    Sprites/sec.  Frames/sec.
Using Sprite1 (8x8 with transparency filled):   827.02        7.07
Using Sprite1 (8x8 w/o transparency filled):    827.02        7.07
Using Sprite2 (8x8 with transparency empty):    773.3         6.61
Using Sprite2 (8x8 w/o transparency empty):     624.02        5.33

This is the fastest the routine can get.  I also have good news on all the
FIND_PIXEL, ADJUST_A_HL, and other graphics routines.  Thanks to the
amazing 85 programmer, James Yopp, I cut about 100 clock cycles out of each
routine!!!  I just wish TI had left the screen size at 128x64...I could've
made the routines even faster.  You will be able to get these updated
routines as soon as I release v1.0 of the kit (hopefully soon).  I still
have to get the rest of the stats (and add some more features to the sprite
routine) before I can make a release of the kit.

That brings you up to date.  Remember that if you want to see future
reports, you must visit the asm82 web site at <http://asm82.home.ml.org/>.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org