Re: A82: Asm CALLs...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Asm CALLs...

<< I am writing raw assembly on the TI-82, i.e. no shell.  What should I do
 (what should I PUSH and POP) before and after a CALL statement, because
 they crash my calculator.  Thanks.

Push nothing
Pop nothing
A CALL_ statement is essensially a call statement, but it is used to call in
your program, so to use CALL_ without a shell, do this:

ld hl, my_label
ld de, whatever the addr is, since it will always be the same, just as a
shell is
add hl, de
call hl

and I suppose you can push and pop hl and de if their values are important,
but call pushes pc and pops it when a ret is encountered, so you don't need
to do that.
The only problem may be the addr for the program.
Good luck, I reccommend using the shell or write your own

~Adamman
Adamman or Sunflash on IRC
2129135 on ICQ
page me at http://wwp.mirabilis.com/2129135