RE: A82: Detecting ROM version

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Monday, June 30, 1997 8:39 PM, Ryan N Gillespie[SMTP:ryan.gillespie@juno.com] wrote:
> "Thomas J. Hruska" <thruska@tir.com> writes:
> >Does anyone know how to detect ROM version numbers on the TI-82?  If
> >so,
> >could they send me some assembly code on how to do it?
> >
> >TIA,
> >Thomas J. Hruska
>
> Try this code, Thomas.

Hmmm... well... it doesn't say where the ROM version is located in 82-ROM.TXT (since it must be in ROM somewhere -- anything past and including $8000 is RAM).  My guess would be that it is at $7FFF in ROM page 7.  To change ROM pages to 7, compile the following:
	ld	A, 10001111b
	out	(2), A

then you can just:
	ld	A, $7FFF

	now A should have the version byte (note, on the TI-85, it's not the same as the actual number, so you'll have to have a list of equivelancies in your program).
	Sam
--
Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>