Re: A82: Re: Why Turbo Sucks. (also reply to dines)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Why Turbo Sucks. (also reply to dines)

>                I have heard from the masters, A.K.A Bill Nagel and
>others, that TURBO doesn't do anything except speed the keypad's
>response. It actually took more away from FFX4 than it added to. Also,
>I tried running some basic programs with turbo on...all I got was a
>very hard wayof controlling the menu cursors, and buttons that
>responded too fast (but didnt actually speed the processing of the
>game). I can DEFINITELY live without TURBO on my calc.
>                                                ~Kurai

And if you WANTED this fast keypress in an assembly program, there is an
easier method to use than turbo interrupts - after calling GET_KEY, set the
key repeat counter manually if the key is a key that you want to have repeat.

-- Barubary