Re: A82: Re: Dines + the future of Ash (Update on Ash 4.0)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Dines + the future of Ash (Update on Ash 4.0)

If you have a look at Usgard you will see that it is possible to wrie
programs which are driven by interrupts and continue working after you
exit usgard. There are lots of Usgard programs which uses this feature,
and you can have more than one running at once. One of the programs
written as a TSR program is a debugger which makes it possible to debug
your programs on the calc !

TSR programs are very nice for alot of things, and without a shell which
support them it is really hard to make them work while your in the TIOS.
However if TSR programs are supported by the OS it is not harder than to
write normal programs, and with Usgard like relocation the interrupt
rutines can be relocated too !

On the TI82 most TSR programs uses the APD buffer to store the interrupt
rutines, and if you start two programs at the same time your calc will
probaly crash. With Usgard like relocation it is not nessasary to have you
rutine stored in the APD, and you can have more than one program running
at once. Without Usgard like relocation this is not possible, and that is
the main reason that i like that type of relocation. (I am sure that a lot
of programmers would love to have a TI82 debugger)

Dines