A82: Re: Dines + the future of Ash (Update on Ash 4.0)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: Dines + the future of Ash (Update on Ash 4.0)

The reason i have been so silent is that i have had no time to read me
email lately (exams).

When Ash 3.0 relocates a programs it actually only moves one byte at a
time, and therefore i dont understand why there are problems with big
programs. Since i am allready working on Ash 4.0, which uses a different
technique for relocating programs i have decided not to look into the
problem, but to use my time on Ash 4.0 instead.

I have not tried CrASH, but i did download the files to see what features
it included. It seems like it solves the two main problems with Ash 3.0
(KEY_HAND and relocation), but i do not like the way it is done. To make a
really good shell alot of of things has to be changed from Ash 3.0, and
thats what i am working on.

 it works. All the test programs i have written work without problems.
Even the new rom calls added seems to work fine.

There are still a lot of work left before Ash 4.0 is finished, but with
the main core functioning it should not be that hard to implement the rest
of the new functions.

So when will it be released ?

Some of the function which I still have not implemented requires the use
of rom calls which i have not tested yet. Therefore it is hard to say
exactly how long time it will take before i can release the shell. This of
corse also depends on wether i will be doing this by my self or someone
else will be helping me.

Most of the new features which i will add to Ash has not been included in
any of ther other ti82 shells before. The purpose of them is to make the
shell more powerfull, and to make it easier to program asm programs for
the ti82. Some of the new features should also make the shell more stable
so most of the crashes which is seen seen with Ash 3.0/CrAsh can be
avoided. Even crashes which happens due to badly written programs could be
avoided ! (not all of them, but some).

If any of you have any ideas for new functions which should be included in
Ash 4.0, mail them to me so i can try to implement them. One of the things
which i have been thinking about is including some of the most common
functions, like waiting for a key.

I am working as hard as i can on finishing Ash 4.0, and i will ofcorse
mail any news to ths list

Dines