A82: On Making A Compiler-Help Needed From ASM Community

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: On Making A Compiler-Help Needed From ASM Community

I am attempting to find all of the machine code substitutions for the commonly
 used asm codes (such as ld, add, etc.) I am doing this by finding existing
 TI82 asm programs in Graph-82 format, and matching them up with the source
 code the authors have provided.  So far, I have come to the following results:

 3Exx ; loads the value of xx into register a ; ld a, xx
 D3xx ; out (xx), a

 I'll admit immediately that this is not a large accomplishment, even though it
 consumed the greater part of last Friday to discover.  If I can find the rest
 of these codes, as I have here, I will be able to make a primitive compiler.
 Though I don't expect an immediate grand slam, I know that all of you will
 admit that using DOS to compile your programs is extremely inconvenient,
 especially to Mac users. As technology advances, this community needs a simple
 compiler that can be ported to all platforms.

 That's what I'm trying to do, but I can't do it without your help...

 With all of you on this list, we'll get a lot done faster.  This is what I
 need: any links to valuable Z80 machine code information, any existing source
 code for Z80 compilers (such as TASM), any source to helping programs (such as
 ASM82), and, finally I need lots of small programs (see below).

 To elaborate on that last need, I need a small, fully compiled Graph-82
 programs, and the action that it does when executed by ASH, OSHELL, CraSH,
 JASS, etc.  As of this time, I am working specifically with ASH programs, but
 I don't think intershell porting will be a problem.

 If I am to get this done, I need the following:
 1) A program demonstrating every possible use of the 'ld' function. This
 includes loading direct memory into registers, and visa versa.
 2) A program that makes a series of simple jumps, such as jumping to a label
 that is one, two, and three lines away. (including JP, JR, and CALL)
 3) A program that demonstrates ADD, SUB, INC, DEC
 4) A program demonstrating the uses of CP, and simple flag checking.
 5) A program with a NOP command in it (I don't know whether T
ther functions that are important
 to TI asm programming.

 •Keep in mind that the sooner I get these programs, the sooner I can get
 working.  In addition, if anyone is interested in keeping up with my work as I
 go along, or in aiding me in anyway, let me know. I will be working non-stop
 over the Christmas Vacation.

 Thankyou for your cooperation. I know that this will succeed.

 Matt Stack