Re: A82: BoxWorld

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: BoxWorld

>                Why wont you change it? I hope it's a technical reason,
>not some chivalrous, bullshit "i'm dedicated to ASH" reason.

Where will he get 768 more bytes of RAM?  CrASH programs CAN use APD_BUF -
just check before you do so that an interrupt handler is not in use.  ASH
programs can use APD_BUF as well.  The only thing is this: Crash to CrASH
uses APD_BUF.  ASH's game wizard does too.  People think that this is
CrASH's fault that games like boxworld don't work - ASH with an interrupt
handler is the same way.  CrASH is BETTER in this respect because at least
you can detect it.  And even ASH programs can make use of this detection
when running under CrASH.  CrASH has no way to detect ASH interrupt
handlers, but with this interrupt handler detection feature most interrupt
handlers will only be for CrASH.

-- Barubary