Re: A82: SQRXZ and other.....things

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 06:04 PM 12/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, first I would like to ask you Thomas, what is the deal with SQRXZ?
>How complete is it?  I would now like to make a comment. Knowing the
>kind of person you are, I have reason to believe that you are going to
>wait until christmas to release it.  I don't really care when you
>release it, just that you finish it. But I think it would be utterly
>stupid to PURPOSELY wait until x-mas. Now this is just my opinion, and I
>may be wrong, but I just have this feeling............
>
>hehehehehe

Actually SQRXZ is not going so well.  (See my last message for details).  I
still have to create a main menu, add modular support, add the main
character, finish off the A.I. engine, etc., etc.  I really was kind of
aiming for Christmas because it would be the perfect "present" to the 82
community.  However, at the rate I'm going, I'm only to have a demo
completed by then.  I was serious when I said I had a long way to go.  If I
release a demo before Christmas, I might possibly be able to complete the
first version by December 25.  Nice hunch.  I am one of those people who
need a lot of encouragement to get something done.  My only motive for
getting my homework done and doing well in school is I'm a junior and I
want to get into a college :)  My motive to complete SQRXZ 82 isn't as
great because I don't have much to gain from it since I'll be releasing the
source to it.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.