Re: A82: New reviews

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: New reviews

> My suggestions for lites Out:
>  #1 Show which level you are on (i.e. the number)
>  #2 Make is so you can choose which level you want to play by pressing
>  plust or minus. Reason: I got pretty far yesterday (like level 17) and I
>  loadned my calc to somebody for a while and then CRASH! So I now have to
>  start all over :(  I know it is my fault but a level selection would be
>  nice
>  #3  To "spruce it up" have like blocks flashing to the sides, or random
>  sprites displaying/ interesting designs. And maybe after a while of
>  in-activity some special backround is displayed, just something going on
>  to the side/back.  In a commercial for some handheld gameboy/gear
>  thingy, they showed a brief shot of the lites out screen and it was
>  blinking like crazy! To the side was the score/title/author stuff.
>
>  Just some suggestions......

First of all I like the idea about the level number being displayed (I
considered it for 1.0).  Look for that in the upcoming v1.1.  Second of all
the level selector is a bad idea.  I think games like Slippy are better than
games like DStar, Sokoban, etc in the sense that you have to beat the level
to get to the next one, but you can always go back to levels that you have
beaten.  That is what Lites Out is like, and I like it.  It will stay that
way.
Sprucing it up: that commercial was for (Tiger's) game.com.  The problem with
this is that you have grayscale/extremely high resolution on something like
that, which can't be even close to being replicated on a TI with 1-bit
graphics and 96x64 resolution.  The other problem is that I can't really
imagine my program doing stuff like that...or what it would display and stuff
:-(.  This seems to be your major concern, so I'll work on it.

BTW, addressing Hruska's footer about sound, I think an interrupt-based bg
sound routine would be nice, if at all possible.  I was thinking about doing
this but I don't have the knowledge of 2-bit :-) sound to do this (no
knowledge of any sound really, I just used beep.asm in LO).  Just a thought.

~Adamman