Re: A82: New reviews

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: New reviews

At 09:49 PM 12/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Ilya: I read all of you reviews and almost laughed aloud at the review for
>DJM.  Anyway, I was wondering about Lites Out (1st of all, it's lite, not
>light unless it is used as a verb then it's light, and the state of each lite
>is either lit or unlit.  You light a lite to make it lit) and your
>suggestions for 'sprucing it up'.  Not just Ilya's really but everyone on
>this list's opinion.  How can I make it less boring looking?  Thank you,
>
>~Adamman

Adamman, I got a little ticked off when I tested Lites Out on my calc.
It's keyboard interface was not only difficult to master, but it crashed my
calc when I accidentally pressed [ON].  Also, your documentation isn't very
clear on how to play the thing.  So, I really have no idea what I was doing
except pressing enter and [MODE], etc.  It was kind of boring (the sound
effects made it worse...beep, beep, beeeeeep kept going through my
headphones).

Off topic:  Since I was just discussing sound, I might try my own hand at
designing a ST3 program for the 82.  That way we have some decent sound
effects and music for our calcs.  For those of you who have no clue as to
what ST3 is, go look for *.S3M files on the internet and download the
player while you are at it.  Or you could also go to Epic MegaGames' web
site and download One Must Fall and listen to the musical tracks for it
(they were made in ST3).

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.

Follow-Ups: References: