A82: OShell-82 Bug

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: OShell-82 Bug

Here is a bug that I've just discovered:

OShell-82 (not OS-82) has a serious problem.  All the shells may or may not
have it, I will release more info. if the problem pertains to any other
shell.  I have ROM v18.0 and I am using OShell-82 v2.5.  If you are using
this or any other shell and encounter frequent lock-ups, try the following
fool-proof detection of a strange bug:

1) Turn off calc (if its on)
2) Turn on calc and enter shell
3) Immediately exit
4) Type 1+1 and press enter
5) Type 48,(6 and press enter twice
6) Press CLEAR
7) Type 89 and press enter

If you followed all that, "Done" should appear or if an interrupt occurs as
you press enter, it will crash.  To keep your calc from crashing, turn it
off.  When you turn it back on, it will return to normal operation.

If this bug shows up in OS-82 or ASH v3.0 (coming VERY soon), I will let
you all know ASAP.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org