Re: A82: Saving high scores

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Saving high scores

At 04:33 PM 8/12/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I was wondering where in memory programs can store highs scores, so that
>they aren't written over or erased on power down.  Can someone show the code
>to do this?  Are the scores in seperate locations, or as one big string?
>Any info on or how to do this would help.  High scores for games aren't the
>only things; how about phone numbers, messages, dates...?
>
>Ben B.

High scores, or other such pieces of data that have finite space
requirements can be easily placed in space defined at the bottom of your
program with .db.  Larger things that do not have set lengths are much
harder unless you just define a large space and have a maximum length for
your messages and such.  Probably the easiest way to do larger things would
be to create variables for them or one variable that can hold them all,
this isn't child's play if you don't fully understand the VAT though.

	-Andrew