Re: A82: undocumented HAL commands

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ilya winham <ilyamojo@geocities.com> writes:
>I have been looking at some sample HAL programs and noticed some
>commands (HAL commands, not regular asm code) that are not in the help
>
>file.  Please tell me what they do exactly. Here they are:
>
>     mod

MOD is dividing and only keeping the fractional part of the result. So 6
MOD 3 is 0, because 6 / 3 = 2 with no fraction. This is often helpful
when you need to know if something is even or odd ( x MOD 2) or if
something is a multiple of a particular number ( x MOD 8, multiple of 8)
I think mod is short for modulus operandum?

>     power_down

Wouldn't this power down the calculator?

>     locate_tx

I think this will return the current cursor position. Where exactly, I'm
not sure.

			-Scoobie