[TI-M] Re: Derivative on 83+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-M] Re: Derivative on 83+

haven't used an 83+ in a _very_ long time, but it looks to me like your problem is that y1 is not
a string, while the derivative function wants a string.  okay, i've stolen my sister's 83+ and it
looks like the equ->string function stores its result to a variable; it doesn't return a value.
so if you wanted to you could do y2=d(Str1,"x") and then on the homescreen do
Equ->String(Y1,Str1).  not sure if that's worth doing, though.  as for drawing a tangent line
(which i think is what you wanted to do), i'm sure there's a way to do it somehow using the
features of symbolic to manipulate your derivative, but i don't know enough about it to say.
there is a built in tangent function though - Tangent(Y1,xval).

jeffrey