[TI-M] Re: Matrices for simultaneous equations

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 18 February 2002, "Nathan Walters" wrote:

> It's been forever, but using matrices you can solve simultaneous
> equations.  Look it up on the web somewhere.  I used to have a program
> floating around that I made once for the 82 that would do just that.
> Goodluck!

Set the equations up as
A1x + B1y + C1z = D1
A2x + B2y + C2z = D2
A3x + B3y + C3z = D3

Then write matrix [A] as
[A1 B1 C1]
[A2 B2 C2]
[A2 B2 C2]

and matrix [B] as
[D1]
[D2]
[D3]

Then use [A](x^-1)[B]

For the (x^-1) operator use the reciprocal key function. The written out function doesn't work.

Korny

PS. There is also a way to use this method to solve for a circle passing through three points.

If anyone is interested, I'll post it.

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life
http://www.ivillage.com