[TI-M] Re: Math problem help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-M] Re: Math problem help

> Hmmm, good point, but the radius actually doesn't affect the derivative at
> all except that it defines the circle.

But I think that someone needs to address that the sample point given _isn't
on_ the given circle. . .

> Also, within the context of the problem, I think the rate of change of y
is
> not dy/dx but dy/dt; i.e., the rate of change of y with respect to time
> (since the rate of change of x was given with respect to time).  So you
would
> implicitly differentiate with respect to t rather than x...
> At least that's how I interpretted the problem...

Yes, you are correct.  I misinterpreted what was being asked for.  I better
not do that on Thursday =)

I suppose that's what happens when I'm answering math problems at 6:50 AM
before school =)

    -Scott