Re: TI-M: Chess Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-M: Chess Question

I'm not sure how this relates to ti-math, but the "!" "?" stuff after a
chess move is called "annotation" and refers to strong or weak moves:

"!" strong
"!!" brilliant / winning
"?" weak (as in, huh?)
"??" blunder / losing
"!?" worth studying
"?!" dubious

and also:

"+" or [check mark]: check
"++" checkmate
"1-0" white wins
"0-1" black wins
"1/2-1/2" draw
"0-0" double forfeit (rare)

It's worthwhile to go over your own games and try to figure out where your
own "?"s go and where your opponent made an "!!" (losing games are for
learning, winning games are for bragging).