From: owner-ti-math@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:owner-ti-math@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of BG
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 12:39 AM
To: ti-math@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: TI-M: Equation question for TI-89

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this list. I have a question that probably has an easy
answer.
I am about 50 miles away from my TI-89's manual, so unfortunately I
can't find my answer there.

PROBLEM:  how can I enter a system of equations into my TI-89 and have
it solve them?
For instance:

-1 = -1A + 3B
3 = 2A - 5B

What do A & B equal?

This is two equations with 2 unknowns. Isn't there a function to solve
this? Can't I do this with a Matrix?  If so, could somebody please tell
me how to do it on a TI-89?  I'm going to need to be able to do it with
3 equations and 3 unkowns, also. I have an old Casio that I can do it
on, but my 89 is a great calculator and I'd like to use it for all my
needs.

Thanks!

B. G.