TI-M: Re: Equation question for TI-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-M: Re: Equation question for TI-89

You can always look up the manual at TI's web site....

The 89/92+ have a great built-in linear systems of equation solver, just
enter

solve(eqw1 and eqw2, {varlist})

Using your example, you would type

solve(-1 = -1a + 3b and 3 = 2a-5b, {a,b})

which returns

a=4 and b=1

If you want to do it with matrices, you can use rref(--which finds the
reduced row echelon form--on the standard augmented matrix:

rref( [[-1,3,-1] [2,-5,3]] )

which returns

[[1 0 4]
 [0 1 1]]