Re: TI-M: Calc 2 Curriculum

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-M: Calc 2 Curriculum

In a message dated 9/12/00 9:01:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
aselle@ticalc.org writes:

> Calc AB should coorespond roughly to a first semester calculus course
>  Calc BC should coorespond roughly to a first and second semester calculus
>  course.
>
>  The usual grey area is integration by parts.  Some calc classes in college
>  teach it in the first semester.  Indeed, the AB used to have integration
>  by parts, but now it is reserved to BC.

Hmmm...well I gleened over integration by parts last year, and made sense of
it...has to do with the doing the "product rule" backwards, more or less, if
I remember right...

Could someone sum up how BC differs from AB? (I took AB, and am thinking of
taking the BC test this year if I can get credit for it...)

JayEll