Re: TI-M: math class

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-M: math class

At 01:55 PM 9/1/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>The Chem AP test was the 2nd hardest test I took last year (American History
>AP being the hardest, by *far*).

History is stupid. :)
Chem wasn't too bad, you just have to memorize a bunch of weird facts and
rules that seem confusing at first glance. When you do it enough,
everything pops into place and it's an easy 5.

>It wasn't hard so much because the material
>was hard to understand or remember, but because the teacher I had was just
>too boring and didn't prepare us for the AP test much at all.

It all comes down to the teacher in the end, unless you're a dilligent
self-learner, which almost nobody is during high school.

>If you're in a
>similar situation, I would highly suggets getting like Barron's AP Chemistry
>study book and read the whole thing the three days before the test...helped
>me a lot...

I own the Cliffs Notes equivalent; never cracked the binding while
studying, though I did use it as a great study guide during the year.

>I expect AP Physics to be pretty easy, especially the B test (which is what
>they're teaching at my high school this year).  Even the C test shouldn't be
>that hard if you've had calculus.

I know *several* Caltech students that have gotten dueling 1's on Physics
C. You have NO idea how impossibly hard that test is. B is an easy test. C
IS NOT.
IF YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH TAKE PHYSICS C. THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO
POPPED NO-DOZ FOR TWO WEEKS RELIGIOUSLY STUDYING FOR IT AND DESPITE THIS
STILL GOT ONLY A 5/4.
Please trust me on that. It's not like a high school course; it's a high
school course on crack, PCP, topical steroids, and intravenous caffeine ALL
AT ONCE.

>I'm curious, what's the AP Biology test like?  I've heard it's the hardest
>test by somebody, but then I've heard others breezed right through it... (I'm
>thinking the AP European or AP English/Lit test will be hardest :P

It was a joke. An absolute joke. AP Bio is an easy 5 if you know what
you're doing and you don't get lax about it.
--
//nickd.
   <http://nickd.org>: can't act up a storm!

happy, warm, comfortable ineptitude.