TI-M: Math questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-M: Math questions

Hi!
I am not very experienced with TI89. I bought it about 3 months ago.
But I have quite big experience with symbolic software like
Mathematica.

I think about making some kind of Control Engineering Toolbox for
TI89.

For now I have two questions:

1. Is there some way to extract the coefficients of some polynomial
into a list or a matrix (n by 1) or (1 by n)

In Mathematica the function is
In[2]:=
CoefficientList[x^4 + 2*x^3*y + 5*x*y^2 + 13*y^4, x]

Out[2]=
{13*y^4, 5*y^2, 0, 2*y, 1}

2. What is the way to return several variables with different
dimensions or even types. I need this for some simillarity transformations.
In Mathematica I can return lists of any objects. This is not the case
with TI89. Is there some work-around?

Thank you!

--JS