Re: TI-M: How's about something different?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-M: How's about something different?

Well, after being on this list I've noticed two things right off.  First,
there's a lot of damn smart people on this list who like math (great thing),
and they have nothing better to do than post little one- or two-line
messages, when I should think they should be studying (cramming?) for the AP
Chemistry ;)  So how about we just all congragate in a chatroom at some
designated time?  Or at least have some threads that are
worth...well...reading.  Like maybe someone could post some higher-algebra
mathematics problem, and just see how smart we all are?  That would be
interesting...

In fact, I'll start, this is a good one:

Find the smallest positive integer that can be expressed as a sum of two
squares in three ways, involving the squares of three consecutive positive
integers.  Algebraically, find the smallest positive integer N, such that N =
A^2 + B^2; N = (A + 1)^2 + C^2; and N = (A + 2)^2 + D^2; where A, B, C, and D
are all positive integers, and (as implied by the equations) A > B > C > D.

Oh, and not to be "outdone", my credentials are as follows:
760 on SAT math, 1380 (?) total
34 on ACT math, 35 composite (36 on science reasoning!)
4th place on 2000 Utah State Math Contest (although that's like saying 1st
place in the Wyoming State Math Contest...)
probably getting a 5 on the Calc AP/AB test and CS AB/AP test

JayEll