Re: TI-M: Dimensions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-M: Dimensions

At 09:24 PM 5/15/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>Speaking of confusing people, I think this might be a good time to introduce
>a little theorem a friend of mine came up with.  Disclaimer: It's not mine,
>don't blame me for it!  It's called the Collins Theorem (duh), and it goes
>like this:  Since 1 (or any other non-infinite real number) over infinity is
>equal to zero, the universe doesn't exist.  His logic goes thus: since the
>universe (by most accounts) is infinite, and empty space exists in the
>universe (thus the 1 over infinity), the volume of the universe (or the
>density, or whatever) equals zero.  Fun, huh?

Density = mass/volume.
Since the mass of the universe is infinity and the volume of the universe
is infinity, you have to take the derivative of both the mass and the
volume to find the actual density as x approaches infinity.
(God, I love L'Hopital's theorem.)

--
Nick Disabato <nickd@ticalc.org> <http://nickd.org>
   News Editor, Featured Programs, Room Service

Follow-Ups: References: