RE: TI-M: Dimensions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-M: Dimensions

At 11:45 PM 5/15/2000 +0200, you wrote:

>Well, the obvious way in which 4-dimensions are drawn is as projections into
>a three-d world, and these are studied rather like we can study a shadow
>cast by a 3-d object onto a 2-d surface in order to work out what the 3-d
>object looks like.
>
>There are some charming books about flatland (2-d beings) published in
>Victorian times.

Dimensions are just an arbitrary definiton thought up by humanity to make
mathematics more simple.
Perhaps only three dimensions really *do* exist, and the fourth is just our
attempt to explain the phenomenon of time.

Does "time" exist, anyway?

--
Nick Disabato <nickd@ticalc.org> <http://nickd.org>
   News Editor, Featured Programs, Room Service

Follow-Ups: References: