Re: TI-M: Wondering Again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-M: Wondering Again

At 10:09 PM 5/14/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>Okay, let's try another question.  What sort of math class are we all in/have
>we taken.  I'm finishing up Calculus, the most advanced class my high school
>offers.  Last week, I took the AP Calculus AB test, hopefully I did well.

In sixth grade, I was bumped forward to seventh grade math because, well, I
was bored.
That and I got a 790 on the SAT math at the time.

I took geometry, then algebra II, in seventh and eighth grade. That
corresponds to 10th and 9th grade honors math, respectively.

When I got to high school, my administration frowned on two things:
- I would have finished with all the math they have to offer (including the
math class they send you to a community college to take during the day)
after sophomore year.
- I took geometry and algebra out of order. (Don't ask me, I don't know why
this is an issue either. I never got a straightfoward explanation.)

So I got held BACK two years at the new school (public) after getting
pushed FORWARD two years at the old school (private)!

It sucked. Very hard.

Now I'm on the "regular" track for math, and I just finished taking BC
calculus. (I'm a senior, if you don't know that.)
And, quite ironically, my normal math SAT score exactly matched the one I
got in sixth grade :-)

--
Nick Disabato <nickd@ticalc.org> <http://nickd.org>
   News Editor, Featured Programs, Room Service