[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

[Prev][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

I've made some stuff with PIC's connected to a TI-92+ (also with a
TI-89) and I'm completely sure the GPS stuff can be done.

The "schem" would be like this:

1)The PIC waits for a command sent by the calc (get position, get
speed... etc)
2) Once it receives the order, the PIC will send the calc all the
info
3) The calc processes that information and makes the neccesary calculations
(it could even display a map as said before, or calculate distance
between waypoints, etc)

It's pretty simple. I have already used this "schem" for an ADC
converter and other proyects.

I've come to the idea of a GPS time ago. I found an interesting GPS
unit called Trimble SVeeEight Plus which seems perfect for this
proyect at http://www.trimble.com/sveeeightplus.html, but I'm still
looking for a webpage to buy it online.

That's all, hope it helps..