[TI-H] Re: TI-89 HW2 overclocking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nick Peaden wrote:

> Quite odd that HW2 uses SRAM with a slower access time, but is it
> faster, or does a freed DMA account for the speed B.A. found?

The SRAM access speed doesn't do anything to the speed of the calc. Only
for how high you can overclock it.
85 ns gives a max bus frequency of  11.7 MHz, and as far as I remember,
a 12 MHz 68000 would have a bus frequecy of about 3MHz
maybe I calculated a bit wrong, but the access speed of ram doesn't
matter for system speed unless its slower then the processor.

The speed gain in the HW2 is probably only the mirroring of the display
memory.

--Olle

Follow-Ups: References: