[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Mark Blome wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody!
> >
> > some days ago I read an article about the way one can connect a simple
gps-receiver to a pda via the serial port. I thought: this should be
possible with the Ti-89 as well!
> > As I am a novice either in Ti89 hardware as well as in its assembly
programing, I am not sure if Ti-89s hardware in generell is cabable of
receiving gps-data via its link cable! For example: the gps serial port will
send the data with 4800 bits per sec. Is there a way to tell the Ti-89 to
receive data with a specific transfer rate? Is there a kind of a time
counter in the calculator (eg for speed calculations etc.)?

> AFAIK, there is no battery-independent timer in the Ti-series (otherwise I
> would have expected Ti to use it for their clock in AMS 2.08)
> You can either write a serial-routine that has to be calibrated every time
> it is run or you can build a small interface with a little uC that
converts
> serial to Ti-Protocol.
> A friend of mine has done both for Ti82/83, first the serial-routine, then
> he discovered it would be too much work for the Ti and switched over to a
> simple protocol and a uC-Interface.

Cool, do you have a link of that?! Or is it the PIClink?

> > Thanks for any help!
> >
> > Mark
> >

> --

Follow-Ups: References: