[TI-H] Re: [A83] new program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: [A83] new program

Actually, I'm not sure the transistor idea makes much sense...

The idea is that the calc doesn't expect the line to be driven at 5v, it
expects it to float to ~4.5v or so.  I forget what these kind of outputs
are.  open collector?

re: the comparator thing:
http://litec.rpi.edu/LITEC_Tutorials_3_7/Hardware/Chips/Op_Amp__Comparato
r.html

Note that a comparator is usually just an op amp wired the right way.
(Set the inverting input equal to the dc level of the input signal.)

-josh

On Sun, 5 May 2002 19:09:52 +0200 "Ronald Teune" <rtwolf@gmx.net> writes:

> On/at/with physics class, I learnt a bit electronics, and such an
> opamp
> should amplify the difference with a factor 10000 or so. I thought
> this was
> the way to make a 5V/0V block signal out of a mic input. But it
> didn't work
> out. Rabidcow proposed a transistor, I guess I'll try that.
>
> > Try using a small standalone ADC....i don't think amplification
> will be
> > neessary.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.