[TI-H] Re: PICs in general

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: PICs in general

On Sat, 4 May 2002 18:11:47 +0200 "Ronald Teune" <rtwolf@gmx.net> writes:

> On http://sami.ticalc.org there is a "Pip02" programmer (software),
> including some programmer (hardware) schematics. The schematics are
> just a
> 7400 and a cristal as far as I can remember it.

The programmer that I've used is a slight modification of the "No Parts
PIC Programmer", which uses only one transistor.
http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/noppp/  Of course you need a PC with
a parallel port for it.

I didn't build it as a kit tho, so I can't say exactly what the cost was.
 (plus electronics are cheap around here)

> > 16F84:
> >
> > newer F84a is still in production
> > 68 bytes RAM
> > 1K Flash program memory
> > 15uA typical power consumption @ 2V, 32kHz
>
> I guess this means I can power it from the calc link port, if I have
> to :)

Yep.  I once built something that would read bytes from the link port and
display them on a dual 7-seg led display, and you could faintly read it
with the only power coming from the signal lines connected to the calc.

> Thanks for the info!

no problem.

-josh

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!