[TI-H] Re: building a TI92plus module

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: building a TI92plus module

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 12:17:39PM +0100, docydoc wrote:
> I include ttwo picture of the modules (plus and non-plus):
> Tell me what u think.

Great: I used the part number to stat seraching on Internet.

> The plus module is a bit more complicated than u described. It has some
> kind
> of erease protection. It allows the flashrom being updated just if the
> code that
> starts that execution is ithin the ROM area of the TI92.
>
> I read an article about it written by somebody. The responsible chip is
> the "orbit" one.
> Check out for yourself and let me know what u think.

Can you find out that article, please? It would be interesting.
However I think that protection is not strictly necessary to have it
working; what do you think?

> If u can find out the pinout of the connector also let me know. It might
> help.

Yes, along with some intersting pages.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/6869/pinout.html
http://www.dvz.fh-koeln.de/~b012414/expander/expander.html
http://dba.ticalc.org/

There are some informations that I need but I couldn't find: how the
ti-92 addresses the external rom and ram: addresses and wo4rd length (it seems
16 bit words, al long as there isn't a0 and there are 16 data pins, but
on one of ther previous links there's a 8 bit memory chip connected.
I'm asking the authors...

That's all for now,
Merry Christmas

Ludovico Cavedon