[TI-H] Re: reopen a discussion on radio transfer link??????????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: reopen a discussion on radio transfer link??????????

Hey, folks!

Sorry that I can't directly reply to Heiko's mail as of technical reasons.
But as he told you a bit about our project, I feel like I should add
something to the discussion:

First of all, yes, we (Alexander, Marc and me) accomplished a radio
connection between one or more TI-82s and a PC. The main goal was to give
the TIs internet access, which is why the project is called "Mobile internet
access for graphing calculators". Actually it is not necessary to transfer
internet related data from the PC to the TI-82s, this is an opportunity and
as the PC software supports it, this is the main aspect. The TI in fact
doesn't care what data it receives so it might aswell be static data like
schedules or homework. This was really brief, so if you want to get more
information, take a look at www.ti-net.de.vu, where you now also find a link
to an english version (at the bottom) whereas the home page was and is
german.

Any questions may and already have been directed to my colleagues and me
either via this mailing list or directly (see addresses at the web page
mentioned above), but I have to say that because of some "legal" issues we
won't be able to give you very detailed information. Once the more in-depth
information is available you'll be informed.

I almost forgot: Currently only the TI-82 and not those with ROM 19.006 are
supported, but ACE and thereby 19.006 support seems to be coming soon,
porting the software to other calculators (most probably TI-83 first) is on
schedule.

Bye, Burkart