[TI-H] Re: OT [Fwd: Fwd: : PRECIOUS!]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: OT [Fwd: Fwd: : PRECIOUS!]

--- "Nick" <zaphod@coe.neu.edu>
> wrote:
>
>the world's oldest propaganda machine - religion.
>
>--nick

Not exactly how I would put it... but close. Religion is more along the lines of the most *abused* part of culture, being used as an excuse to control/persecute others. Although I guess if you don't lump Faith/Belief and Religion into the same category, then you are right... Faith is swell, but 'Religion' is dangerous at times. (ex: Holocaust, Inquisition, Crusades, etc) I just wish that something this off-topic and touchy of a subject doesn't come up again. If it wasn't written by someone so young, I would have been offended by a couple of the remarks (Christian and Atheist are not the only options...), being of non-Christian belief myself. That said, I forgive the mistake, just please keep things like this off a list where a diverse group might read and take offense.

-Krev

Matrix-Zed E-Mail (Should This Be Removed?)