[TI-H] Re: PIXpander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: PIXpander

--- Olle Hedman <oh@hem.passagen.se>
> wrote:
>Don't you think a single nop is a bit too short time to compensate for
>button-bouncing?
>It probably rushes straight through that.
>Probably isn't the only problem though, if it is a problem.. :)
>
>///Olle

Boy is my face red... it turns out my MacPIC Assembler/IDE/Simulator doesn't handle Export to the Intel HEX 32 properly. Some Bytes are improperly transposed and so I get instructions that aren't what they are supposed to be. I started using MPASM on my PC machine that I program the PIC with and it worked PERFECTLY. (I just need to chip out a few bucks for a Mac-compatible programmer, or its parts, in the future to get around this problem, as the simulation features are terrific, and the PC Assemblers seem to be lacking in a single-program solution that I do have access to with MacPIC... feel free to correct me)

I now have the button interacting with TMR0 properly, I just need to see if I can get it talking to the Memory Card... after that, get the bastard talking to the TI... after that... rewire a new version of Sami's PIXpand. I hope to make a couple changes that will add/remove components, hopefully nothing too big. Right now the Zener diode is gone, I have split RB0 into a setup where if RB0 is 0, a Green LED lights, if it is 1, a Red LED lights. This is useful where I can easily send errors out and let the user know about the error rather than an oddly functioning PIC. I am also looking at prices/availability of a 4->16 Demultiplexer (or how to hand-craft one, which is probably more though) to split the other three pins into a set of 8 partitions, allowing 16k per partition on a memory card page. Also if I can figure out how to ID a PS2 card without destroying data, I could setup 8 132k partitions on a PS2 card (ironically, they have the same protocol... I just wish I knew how the PS2 differentiates between the two).

Matrix-Zed E-Mail (Should This Be Removed?)