[TI-H] Re: TI Networking.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: TI Networking.

Right, tho not necessarily processor clocks, just any local clock
interval.  Could be periodic interrupts.

and link vs line transition is just me being inconsistent :)  same thing.

However there would be problems with an extremely fast (overclocked) calc
transmitting.  It would have to somehow figure out that it needs to slow
down.

-josh

On Wed, 2 May 2001 18:02:34 -0500 "David Knaack" <dknaack@rdtech.com>
writes:

> Ah, I see, you want each calc to count the number of processor
> clocks
> it usually takes to transmit a bit, and assume that the sender is
> done talking if 3 times (or so) that period passes without a
> transmission.
>
> > > I'm not talking processor clocks, I'm talking link transitions
> clocks
> > > (which don't have to technically exist), the rate at which line
> > > transitions take place.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.