[TI-H] TI Networking.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] TI Networking.

At 20:39 2001-05-01, you wrote:

After a lot of thinking, and discussing with a friend (Johan Borg, for you
who have read his texts on my hompepage, http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/) I have
been thinking thinking that maybe the master-slave model could be quite
good with the calc. Either I2C or a master-slave system based on i2c but
useing the standard ti cable protocol.
Then you can use the calcs own send-system too and only have to write
bytes, and it would lift off some work on the processor. (one of the best
advances)

In a multiplayergame it is easy to let player1 be master, player 2 have id2
and player 3 have id3 and so on.
A packet format could be like this:
on each packet you have a startbyte telling a packet starts, and then
bytestuff (escape) all occurances of this byte in the packet. then a
byte-wide address, and then a data counter, and the data and then a checksum.
like this:
   8bits   8bits    8bits      8 - 2048 bits (1-256 bytes)        16 bits.
01111110|xxxxxxxx|yyyyyyyy|-------------- data --------------|zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz|
Start    adress    length                                      checksum

You could have 7 bits of adress and a read/write-bit there too.. I think
128 adresses is quite enough.

just some brainstorming...
///Olle