[TI-H] Re: port programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: port programming

Tons of links to pc hardware info are available at
http://www.epanorama.net/pc/

The parallel port is usually easier to control this way because you can
individually drive every output line.  You might be able to use the
control lines on the serial port.

Either way, you need to be able to directly access the io ports, which is
easy if you're using dos, but you need a special driver in windows.

-josh

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 00:31:14 -0500 "Nick Foster" <zaphod@coe.neu.edu>
writes:

> hey all, been a while since i've posted... pity to see the list die
> like
> this.
>
> i had kind of a simple question for you all, or anyone that still
> reads
> here. i'm looking to interface an external device to a port on my
> pc, serial
> or parallel, doesn't matter. all i need to do is set one pin high or
> low as
> an on/off signal. it'll just drive a transistor which will drive my
> load. my
> question is, should i use serial or parallel (which is easier to
> program in
> this way), and how do i go about controlling raw pin signals on the
> port?
>
> thanks,
> nick

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!